In its latest Global Marcro Weekly, the ANZ Research team looks closely at Mr Trump and discusses
- the economic and financial implications of Donald Trump’s major policy initiatives;
- his core views on trade and immigration, which are central to his campaign platform, are controversial. It is hard not to conclude that a Trump Presidency would be a threat to globalisation and free trade.
- Trump’s other major policy initiative is tax reform, which is inclusive of tax cuts for households and businesses.
- his views on fiscal management, particularly on government debt, have been a little mixed. This could undermine the government’s credit rating.
Higher Auckland house prices are not owing through directly into the rental market, with the city’s average weekly rents continuing to follow a
more tempered trend of year-on-year increases of around 5%.
- Rents continue to increase by approximately 5% year- on-year with the average weekly rent for 3-bedroom Auckland home now $514
- Suburb pricing trends continue but Mt Albert, Parnell and Sandringham break the mold with 11+% year-on-year increases
- Reminder for winter maintenance and comfort measures ahead of pre-spring upswing