What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register (for membership), subscribe to our newsletters, place an order or fill out a form on our website. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address or phone number. This information are collected and stored in our database.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience as your information helps us to respond better to your individual needs;
- To improve our website based on information and feedback we receive from you;
- To improve overall membership service
- To process transaction
- To communicate to you, by way of emails or text messages, information and updates about your membership, important industry developments, related events, new resources added to our website and offers/promotions from our sponsors. Note if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, simply click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided at the bottom of the email. To unsubscribe from text message reminders please email [email protected]
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other entity for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased membership or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information stored in our database. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (such as financial details) will not be stored on our servers. We DO NOPT at any time handle any of your financial information; all that information is handled securely by PayPal.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enable the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information such as browsing history.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still become a member by contacting us on [email protected].
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
The Auckland Property Investors’ Association is an independent body incorporated under the Incorporated Societies Act.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise, transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Currently, the third parties with access to your personal information are:
- The New Zealand Property Investors’ Federation having access to your name and postal address for the purpose of generating and delivering membership cards.
- Tawarewa Publishing Limited having access to your name and postal address for the purpose of distributing monthly New Zealand Property Investor magazines.
- Three Legged Dog Limited have limited access to your personal information, if and when absolutely necessary, to provide support for the integrity and development of this website and our CRM.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party information or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.