Civitas is led by Iain McManus who has practised as a planning consultant since 1995, initially at Connell Wagner, then Beca, now Civitas.
Iain is qualified with a Bachelor of Planning (1st Class Honours), a Bachelor of Arts and a Diploma of Frontline Management.
He is a member of the NZ Planning Institute and Resource Management Law Association. Outside of planning, Iain is an active property investor and member
of the Auckland Property Investors Association.
Our core services include:
- Research into existing use rights;
- Development potential and consent strategy advice;
- Preparation of resource consent and outline plan applications;
- Preparation of plan changes to facilitate major redevelopment proposals;
- Preparation of submissions in support of, or opposition to, resource consent and plan change proposals;
- Presentation of expert evidence at both council and Environment Court level;
- Consultation with local communities and special interest groups; and
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong project management skills;
- A specialist development planning service;
- Extensive experience in securing resource consents and private plan changes;
- Positive relationships will allied professionals and council staff; and
- Timely, reliable and personal service backed up by quality, comprehensive reports.
Our experience and focus on quality and communication help to minimise risk for our clients and deliver successful outcomes in a timely and cost-effective