It’s been nearly a year since the Office of the Privacy Commissioner overhauled its rental sector privacy guidance and launched its compliance monitoring programme alongside it. We look at how landlords and property managers have been faring so far in the new compliance regime, address common failures + easy fixes and discuss Consumer NZ’s report (September 2022) on the sector’s privacy performance.
- Video: New privacy rules for landlords by Sarina Gibbon
- Video: Renting and privacy by John Edwards
- APIA’s list of privacy content
- OPC rental sector guidance
- OPC summary of privacy principles
- OPC rental sector compliance strategy